How to sign up for WSCC Alerts
Signing up for WSCC Alerts is easy. Just text WSCCAlert to 99411 to enroll. You will receive a confirmation text letting you know you are enrolled and ready to receive alerts.
What is WSCC Alerts?
- West Shore Community College has partnered with CodeRED Mobile Safety, the leader in mobile safety, to offer an emergency notification system capable of sending users text messages.
What type of messages will I receive?
- WSCC will only send you messages related to emergencies or college closings. This system allows us to notify you via texting to your cell phone.In the event of an emergency on campus and or other conditions exist that may impact health or safety, we will notify you by your preferred notification method. These notifications will include, but are not limited to:
- Weather Cancellations / Warnings/ Closings
- Natural disasters
- Security threats
- Power outage
Who can subscribe/use the service?
- Any student, staff, or faculty member of WSCC can subscribe to the service.
What mobile phone carriers are supported?
- All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
- No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official WSCC communications. We pledge to only use the system in the event of health, safety threats, or closings. Of course, the system may be periodically tested.
Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you need assistance, contact Craig Peterson, WSCC Media Services, 231-843-5920
How will I identify incoming messages from WSCC Alerts?
- You will be sent messages from what are known as short codes. The messages will come from 99411. We encourage you to save these numbers into your phone so you will recognize them when messages are sent.
How do I stop getting messages?
- To stop receiving messages, text the words, "WSCCALERT STOP" to 99411.