What is WSCC Alerts?
- West Shore Community College has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety, the leader in mobile safety, to offer an emergency notification system capable of sending users text, and email messages.
What type of messages will I receive?
WSCC will only send you messages related to emergencies or college closings. This system allows us to notify you via your WSCC and personal email addresses, as well as texting to your cell phone.
In the event of an emergency on campus and or other conditions exist that may impact health or safety, we will notify you by your preferred notification method. These notifications will include, but are not limited to:
- Weather Cancellations / Warnings/ Closings
- Natural disasters
- Security threats
- Power outage
Who can subscribe/use the service?
- Any student, staff, or faculty member of WSCC can subscribe to the service.
What is my username?
- Your username will be your WSCC email address and your current network password---just like signing in to my.westshore.edu
What mobile phone carriers are supported?
- All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
What if my cell phone number changes?
- If your mobile number ever changes, login to the WSCC Alerts system and update your contact details.
What if my cell phone provider changes?
- If you keep the same mobile number, and simply change cell phone provider, you do not have to change anything, however, it may take several weeks for your mobile provider to update the WSCC Alerts system. During that time it is possible that you will not be able to receive messages unless you login to update your carrier information.
Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
- No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official WSCC communications. We pledge to only use the system in the event of health, safety threats, or closings. Of course, the system may be periodically tested.
Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you need assistance, contact Craig Peterson, WSCC Media Services, 231-843-5920
How will I identify incoming messages from WSCC Alerts?
- You will be sent messages from what are known as short codes. The messages will come from either 67283 or 226787. We encourage you to save these numbers into your phone so you will recognize them when messages are sent. Some smaller carriers do not support short code messaging. For these carriers, you will receive messages from @getrave.com.
How do I stop getting messages?