Ann Genson - Hours and Contact Information:
- Tuesday: 8am-11:30am (phone or zoom appointments only)
- Wednesday: 3:30pm - 6pm
- Thursday: 2:30pm - 6pm
- OR By Appointment
To make an appointment please call Ann Genson at 231-843-5561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Borgeson - Hours and Contact Information:
- Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
- Thursday: 1pm - 5pm
- Friday: 8am - 5pm
You can also call Student Services to schedule an appointment 843-5510
Counseling is a free service for all West Shore students!
Some reasons why you may want to speak to the counselor:
- Relationship Issues
- Difficulty Focusing
- Sleep Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- On-line self-assessments can be found at http://psychcentral.com for mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
Suicide prevention how to help!
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Help Someone Else
It can be scary when a friend or loved one is thinking about suicide. Let us help. If someone you know has any warning signs we encourage you to call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) so that you can find out what resources are available in your area. Your call is routed to the Lifeline center closest to your area code. The local crisis center may have resources such as counseling or in-patient treatment centers for your friend or family member. Most importantly, please encourage them to call the Lifeline.
TalkCampus is Here!
Student life can be incredibly tough for anybody, it can feel lonely, overwhelming and sometimes it just feels like we are helpless.
And let’s admit it, that can be pretty tough to say out loud. TalkCampus is here for everyone and anyone who just needs someone to talk to. Who just needs someone to listen. Because hey, we all do.
We’re here for the moments when you just need a friend, no matter where they are. We’re here when you’re looking for someone who just understands what you’re going through (because someone always does). Sure, life is full of highs and lows. But it’s full of highs and lows for each and every one of us so why do we always try to go it alone? At TalkCampus we’ve created a place where we can all work through life together, because everything is better together. Everything. Peanut butter and jelly have proven this for like, at LEAST eight decades now.
So get on TalkCampus and talk to students going through the exact same struggles you are all around the world any time of day or night. We know that sometimes it’s sort of hard to talk about certain things with family, or even friends. This is a safe place where you can talk anonymously about anything; mental health, depression, self-harm, eating disorders, a bad break-up or a relationship, stress and studies...it doesn’t matter. If you want to talk about it, someone else does too. No judgements. No bullying, just people who get you.
So come join us and download TalkCampus for free today and make right now and everything after it a little bit better. Let’s talk and figure this life thing out together.
To join TalkCampus, follow the following simple instructions:
- Download the mobile app on Google Play or the App Store by clicking on the following links: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/talkcampus/id1458337209 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bearpty.talkcampus&hl=en_GB
- Click on the sign up button on the home page of the app.
- Enter your WSCC provided email address and choose a password.
- You won’t be able to post, comment or react to posts until you’ve confirmed your registration by clicking on the link sent to you via email. Once you’ve don’t that, you’ll be all set up and ready to get involved in the TalkCampus community!
- Once signed up, you can select in app on your profile whether you are here to help or to get help or both.
- You can also set any trigger categories from the settings menu.
- Any questions? Contact email@example.com
Location : Learning and Testing Center
Phone: 231-843-5510 (Student Services Office)
231-843-5561 (Counselor's Direct Office Line)