Military and Veterans Services
WSCC provides career guidance through the Student's Resource Center and an appointment may be scheduled by calling Student Services at (231) 843-5510.
Veterans of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy and National Guard interested in pursuing credit for military training should request a transcript of their service.
Veterans of the Air Force interested in pursuing credit for military training should request a transcript of their service.
Additional assistance may be needed for:
- WSCC Care Team – contact Student Services 231-843-5510 to schedule an appointment
- Military One Source
- Local County Contacts for Veterans
- Veterans Crisis Line: Visit Veterans Live Chat or call 800-273-TALK to talk with a crisis counselor
- Education and life coaching
- Michigan Veterans Homeowners Assistance
- Campaign to end homelessness
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Michigan Veterans Trust Fund (Select financial assistance then Michigan Veterans Trust Fund)
- Mason County Veterans Endowment Fund contact: Rick Plummer (231) 852-0685 or e-mail email@example.com
Veterans Educational Benefits are available to veterans, service persons, reservists and spouses or dependent of qualified veterans
Eligible students apply online at the Veterans Administration Website. Have available a DD214 and banking information. Students also need to:
- Meet with the WSCC Financial Aid Director/VA Certifying Official.
- Provide the office with a copy of Certificate of Eligibility.
- Meet requirements of WSCC Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP).
- Make payment arrangements or apply for financial aid if tuition and fees are not covered by the Veterans Administration.
www.GIBILL.va.gov (Official source for VA Education Benefits & Application)
Service members eligible for Military Tuition Assistance are recommended to communicate with the Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling.
Veterans are also eligible to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to review options for additional funding.
For information regarding the types of financial aid available, please click here.
For information regarding the financial aid process, including timeline, please click here.
To submit you FAFSA application, go to
www.FAFSA.gov (When you apply, use WSCC’s Title IV school code: 007950)
Cost of Attendance
- Tuition and Fees
- Veteran’s Tuition Rate
- Cost of Attendance Budget
- For cost of attendance comparisons, utilize the Net Price Calculator
Contact Certifying Officials
- By Phone: 231-843-5518
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Fax: 231-845-3944
- Or stop in and visit us at the Schoenherr Campus Center in Student Services