We would love to have you join the WSCC community! If you are interested in becoming a student but haven’t completed the application for admission, please do so here:
Once you’ve completed the application, there are a few more steps to finalize your enrollment, and they differ depending on your goals for studying with us.
Below, you’ll find a list of different student paths. Once you choose the path that best describes your circumstances, click on the link, and a list of next steps will appear that are specific to you.
If you have any questions during this process, please do not hesitate to call the Office of Admissions at (231) 843-5503; we will be more than happy to help!
We look forward to getting to know you and helping you achieve your goals!
- Apply to WSCC
- Submit Transcripts and/or Submit Placement Exams
- Complete Online Orientation
- Meet with an Advisor (Optional)
- Register for Classes
Have official transcripts from any institutions you have attended sent directly to:
West Shore Community College
3000 North Stiles Rd.
Scottville, MI 49454
You will receive a letter from the Registrar once your transcript has been evaluated. If you do not apply for admission prior to sending your transcripts, they will not be evaluated.
West Shore may transfer courses that you have already taken toward a degree or certificate if:
- The coursework was completed at a regionally accredited institution
- You earned a C (2.0) or better for the course
- If you have attended another college in the state of Michigan, you can check the Michigan Transfer Network to see how your courses will transfer to West Shore
If you have not taken college-level English or Math, you will need to either submit SAT scores or take the ACCUPLACER assessment in the Learning and Testing Center. To schedule testing, please contact the Learning and Testing Center at: 231-843-5528 or email email@example.com.
- Apply to WSCC
- Complete and submit the Guest Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the form here.
- Submit unofficial transcripts