Inclement Weather Policy
Receive closing information via WSCC Alerts
- On any day the college closes due to inclement weather, the college will remain closed through midnight of that day.
- Weather conditions can vary throughout the college district; if classes are cancelled, they are cancelled across all campus locations.
- Some campus facilities (i.e. Recreation Center and Ice Arena) may continue to operate and some community events may be held on the campus even if classes are canceled.
The college has a responsibility to the students and to the public to provide the services and facilities for which they have contracted. With this responsibility in mind, the college and its employees will make every reasonable effort to be open and available to provide its services and facilities. The philosophy of the college is to remain in operation except when one of the following conditions occurs:
- A state of emergency is declared or the State Police or Sheriff's Office recommends closing the college.
- A majority of the primary county roads are closed or extremely hazardous driving conditions exist.
- Campus roads, walkways, or parking areas cannot be kept sufficiently cleared.