The West Shore Community College Foundation improves educational opportunities for the students and area residents we serve in order to build a better community and strengthen our economy. The Board is seeking people who share this vision of expanding futures and touching lives and would be interested in supporting our work through volunteer time and service on the board of directors.
Periodically, the Board of Directors has openings to serve a minimum term of one year, with an option to serve for a three year term. The positions are voluntary and unpaid – however, provide great rewards in terms of engagement, leadership and positive community impact.
Board candidates will be familiar with and supportive of the College Foundation’s Mission, Vision and Values. Candidates should demonstrate strategic thinking and innovation; and be dedicated to our core focus areas of work – serving students, friend raising, fostering collective and strategic philanthropy, and investing in research & skill development.
- Participate in board and committee meetings
- Provide insight to advance the work of the foundation and college
- Provide candid perspective
- Be willing to become well informed about the college, it’s programs, services, values, and essentiality to the community
- Attend Foundation and College events
- Provide leadership to the Board, committee’s and campaigns
- Participate in the development cycle: suggest and classify prospects, cultivate/open doors to prospects, solicit gifts, thank donors and steward donor relationships