Thank You for your service.
As military personnel transition to civilian life and become students, assistance for these changes and challenges may be important from a variety of different sources.
Assistance for choosing a school, researching college affordability, applying for education benefits and career guidance can be found at the Veterans Administration website: www.gibill.va.gov
WSCC provides career guidance through the Student's Resource Center an an appointment may be scheduled by calling Student Services at (231) 843-5510.
Veterans of the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy and National Guard interested in pursuing credit for military training should request a transcript of their service.
Veterans of the Air Force interested in pursuing credit for military training should request a transcript of their service.
Additional assistance may be needed for:
• WSCC Care Team – contact Student Services 231-843-5510 to schedule an appointment
• Military One Source
• Local County Contacts for Veterans
• Veterans Crisis Line: Visit Veterans Live Chat or call 800-273-TALK to talk with a crisis counselor
• Education and life coaching
• Student's Resource Center – see links of interest
• Michigan Veterans Trust Fund (Select financial assistance then Michigan Veterans Trust Fund)
• Mason County Veterans Endowment Fund contact: Rick Plummer (231) 852-0685 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tax Preparation