Muddy Fox Trot
Each July, WSCC hosts a family-oriented mud run that features a main 5K obstacle course and also includes an option for a shortened obstacle course for kids. Come join in the fun!
The Muddy Fox Trot, a family-friendly 5K mud run with a boot camp style obstacle course, returns for the eighth year to the West Shore Community College campus on Saturday, July 22nd with course flights starting at 9:30am.
- The mud run will benefit the WSCC Foundation student scholarship fund.
- The adult registration fee is $20 and the course will challenge the weekend warrior through seasoned athlete.
- The day of the run, current WSCC students will be free with a valid student ID.
- The grown-ups won’t be the only ones who get to play in the mud. There is not a registration fee for ages 16 and under.
- T-shirts are free for pre-registered participants who register by June 26th. When registering, a t-shirt size can be selected online.
Organizers say while there will be challenges, many of the obstacles are similar to other mud runs. The course will include dredging through muddy trenches, scaling muddy hillsides, slogging through shallow water crossings, and climbing over wooden walls and bales of hay.
Post-run activities will include snacks, drinks, music, and a chance to meet the college mascot Westy the Fox.
Registration details for the Muddy Fox Trot can be found here.
“It’s an entire day of family fun as participants slip, slide, and slosh their way to victory while raising scholarship money for many of the college’s deserving students,” says Julie Page Smith, race organizer and the college’s Wellness Center director. “Our focus is on creating a unique event that will be memorable for those running or watching.”