Transfer into WSCC


Transferring to West Shore

You made a great choice

Whether you have been out of school for some time or have decided to change directions, thank you for choosing to continue your education with West Shore.

West Shore may transfer courses that you have already taken toward a degree or certificate if

  • The coursework was completed at a regionally accredited institution

  • You earned a C (2.0) or better for the course

If you have attended another college in the state of Michigan, you can check the Michigan Transfer Network to see how your courses will transfer to West Shore.

Follow these steps to transfer to West Shore with a minimum disruption to your academic and career pursuits. We’ll assist you every step of the way.

Apply for Admission

Visit the Apply Now page for specific application instructions.

Send Transcripts

Have official transcripts from any institutions you have attended sent directly to:

West Shore Community College

Registrar’s Office

3000 North Stiles Rd.

Scottville, MI 49454

You will receive a letter from the Registrar once your transcript has been evaluated. If you do not apply for admission prior to sending your transcripts, they will not be evaluated.

Submit Test Scores

If you have not taken college-level English or Math, you will need to either submit ACT scores or take the COMPASS assessment in the Learning and Testing Center.


Meet with an Advisor

It is highly recommended, but not required, you meet with an advisor. An advisor will walk you through the registration system and provide you with important information you will need to know to be a successful West Shore student.