Services Offered - Tutoring Center
The Tutoring Center is partially funded by a grant from the Michigan State Administrative Board via the Michigan Department of Career Development—Community Colleges Unit and West Shore Community College.
Tutoring Center staff and tutors invite you to take advantage of the many services the college provides to help you in your academic endeavors. We want to help you successfully reach your academic, personal, and career goals.
The Tutoring Center offers the following free services:
• A wide variety of tutorial services including one-on-one tutoring, math labs, writing labs, accounting lab, and supplemental instruction in Intro to Chemistry
• Disability Access Services are available for students with barriers to learning including physical, learning, emotional and other disabilities
• Access and assistance with academic, personal, and career counseling
• Development of self-advocacy skills
• Referral to campus programs
• Assistance with and referral to community agencies
• Help with goal setting and academic planning
• Educational development planning (EDPs)
• Access and information about Perkins Awards
• Study skills and learning styles diagnosis and assistance
• Support and encouragement
• Workshops, classroom presentations, and other special events aimed at encouraging student success