Bachelor Degree, Corrections

You are here now : West Shore Community College / Academics / Areas of Study / Criminal Justice / Bachelor Degree, Corrections

Criminal Justice Degrees

I want a bachelor's (four-year) degree and to be a corrections officer

You can take your first two years of courses at WSCC and transfer to a four-year institution.  Most students who do this eventually attend Ferris State University or Grand Valley State University.  You should meet with a counselor from the four-year college you plan to attend to develop a list of WSCC courses.


  • Even if you hold a degree you will have to meet the state's standards for corrections officers  to work for the Michigan Department of Corrections.

  • If you have a felony conviction you cannot work as a corrections officer in Michigan.