Vacancy Fulltime Nursing Fall 2017
West Shore Community College seeks a vibrant, innovative candidate to fill a full-time Nursing Faculty position (with potential for continuing appointment and full professor rank) to begin September 2017. The successful candidate will be a forward-thinking, student-centered, generalist who can teach a variety of nursing courses.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching load (15 credit hours a semester/30 annually) in Associate Degree Nursing program.
- Responsible for curriculum in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings. Assignments may include evening and weekend offerings. Travel to clinical sites is required.
- Collaborate and work closely with colleagues and administrators to address teaching and community needs.
- Participate in planning, curricular review, and assessment; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance; participate in national accreditation application.
- Participation in professional growth activities and continuous awareness of new trends and developments in the area(s) of instructional responsibility.
- Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the West Shore Community College Instructional Agreement.
- Masters in Nursing from accredited college, or Bachelor’s in Nursing with evidence that an active plan is in place to complete an MSN within a negotiated time frame.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Michigan or the ability to attain.
- Two years’ work experience as a Registered Nurse in a medical/surgical area.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and build positive relationships with community members, health care professionals, students, faculty and administration.
- Five years of work experience in a medical/surgical area.
- Experience with simulation labs and accreditation standards.
- Clinical work experience in areas such as Mental/Behavioral Health, or Leadership.
- Experience teaching in nursing education at the college level using multiple methods of technology.
- Experience co-teaching with other faculty.
- Experience teaching students of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of employer needs and how they relate to nursing education and training.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications/experience and is accompanied by a complete benefit package.
West Shore Community College: The College is located in a beautiful “four-season” recreational area near the shore of Lake Michigan and serves a multi-county district. The College is uniquely positioned with beautiful facilities; up-to-date technology; and no debt. West Shore Community College offers a comprehensive general education curriculum designed to meet the needs of students seeking certification, employment, and/or transfer to senior institutions. WSCC offers a student centered and team-based atmosphere with a staff dedicated to excellence in serving students’ learning needs. Collegial and interdisciplinary relationships are expected of all WSCC employees. Visit our website at http://www.westshore.edu for more information.
Application requirements: To assure full consideration, please submit the following requested materials, prior to August 21, to our online portal at https://my.westshore.edu/ICS/Employment/:
- West Shore Community College application
- Letter of application specifically addressing the areas of responsibility and qualifications (above)
- Unofficial transcripts (official will be necessary if interview is offered)
West Shore Community College is a drug-free employer and the final offer will be contingent on drug testing.
West Shore Community College is an equal opportunity employer.